Tuesday 13 March 2012

PART 2 - Falsely Blacklisted by Carphone Warehouse


Three months later   I found Carphone Warehouse (CPW) had resurrected this spurious  non existent contract and had taken more money out of my bank account. I wrote to their Head Office, detailing all that had gone on before, including the result.      Not even an acknowledgement from that scum-bag of a Company.


A few days later I found I had been blacklisted for non payment of debt to CPW   followed by two threatening letters from Roxburgh's Debt Agency.


 I called Mr Roxburgh,  read out my letter from my PC to him,   He asked , as a matter of urgency if I could forward a copy to him.    I did and when I called back later, he said  Mr Watt,  as soon as I received your letter , I  wrote to CPW asking for an explanation at once,  now after 14 days they haven't even given me  the courtesy of a reply,   so I have written again telling them    " I WILL NOT BE ACTING FOR YOU AGAIN UNLESS, OR UNTIL,   Mr Watt and myself have had a satisfactory explanation"       However Mr Watt,  you can bin those two letters from me,  thank you.   


Back to Hamilton Small Claims Court (HSCC)   Cited them again, waited the usual 9 or 10 weeks,  Found CPW had not defended, received the Court papers awarding me the £550   inc, exp, I claimed,     waited the required time ,    sent them on to the Legal Office of CPW ,  finally one of their razor sharp Legal Eagles  by the name of Catherine Norris, called me to say,   (I have these papers for view)   Mr Watt I have a citation from you demanding   £550 .   that seems a lot for just having been blacklisted and two letters from a debt collector,   I was thinking,  £300 would be enough.   She didn't say what she had used  to think with.       I replied,  I will take £550 inc exps.     She said,     I will require to get someone more senior to decide.     Is this  the same Catherine Norris who,  as the person who was fully  up to date with the proceedings so far,     I was supposed to write to,  and not reply to the idiot who had sent me the latest letter,  who had little idea what he was talking   about ?


She herself must be quite a way up the Corporate ladder if she wasn't quite ready to make such a big decision..


Readers make think I am kidding but as I have said,  I have these letters as as proof.   It gets better,     A letter arrived two days later saying,   If you don't accept OUR OFFER of £550  ,We can go back to the Court saying you were not being reasonable and ask the Court to make the decision of what was reasonable.  BECAUSE, the first sighting I had of the case was when you forwarded the Court papers ,to me on a date,  six weeks previous to the date on her letter.


So there you  have it.    I cited them for £550   they did not defend,  I was awarded £550 by the Court,   I demanded £550  and that galoot threatened to return to court if I didn't accept THEIR offer of £550 pounds.


Being the softy I am I accepted.!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment